autumn in shanghai

girl experience life.

Thursday, August 29, 2002

Hey, when I complained about the weirdos who suddenly wanted to see me for one last time, I wasn't referring to you! 3 friends, whom I know sometimes pop by this blog site, were telling me they felt guilty about asking me out, or didn't dare ask me out. But, I wasn't referring to you people at all. I know I sounded like I was generalizing all my friends, but I was actually thinking of just two particular cliques whom I haven't been keeping in touch with for ages. By ages, I mean for at least one year. We got together because of common special interests, but the initial newness and fun died when I couldn't fit into the chemistry of the cliques. Yes, I'm often a misfit. But I still do keep in touch with one or two nicer gals, and these gals kept wanting to arrange farewell dinners for me. (Warning: I'm going to show big attitude problem.) To put it in the nicest way possible, I thought I could have better spent my time. With my family, or nice, sincere and warm friends like you gals and guys. I certainly don't want to spent these precious few days having meals with a bunch of people I cannot really relate to, saying things I don't really mean, and laughing fake laughs. I dislike being a fako, and the fakeness'll show on my face anyway. I'm appreciative of the gals' efforts, but really, what's the point? So, I turned down one such gathering tonight, and had a fun time taking photos in a studio with my JC friends instead. I like my JC clique in a different way from how I like my OMC (+ hall) friends or primary school buddies. OMC's very family, fun and fuzzy-warm. Pri sch buddies are like real sisters. With my JC friends, we can talk and talk about anything under the sun. Work complaints, BGR, family probs, idols (yes, at this ripe old age...) It's like, the 5 of us have the same focal point in our lives, and we can gel because of our similar perspectives and experiences. Because not everybody can be everybody's friend, that's why I think friendship's like magic. Really.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home