autumn in shanghai

girl experience life.

Friday, August 23, 2002

I realised I like pain. I know this is a paradoxical statement, because anything you like isn't supposed to be painful. I'm saying this because I'm a childish brat who hasn't experienced REAL pain. I don't embrace all kinds of pain. I hate the pain of losing my loved ones to death. I certainly hope I would never feel the pain of being sexually assaulted, kidnapped, or murdered. I pray that pain from illnesses will not touch me until I've experienced almost enough of life. But some physical pains are exciting. Like I get a kick out of applying salt to my ulcers. And I like the biting pain from plucking my eyebrows. Or the ticklish pain from scrubbing my feet with pumice. Or the stiffness and muscle aches from boxercise classes/ lion dance trainings/ IHG trainings. Some pains help build character. Frustrations with life. Embarrassment from saying or doing the wrong things. Failure. Insecurity. Helplessness. Pain of rejection. Heartache from a broken heart. The deep longing from missing someone. Loneliness. Pain from knowing you are responsible for all your right- and wrong-doings. Pain from having to hide your feelings. Pretentions put up for various reasons. Feeling pain arouse awareness of life. I'll feel I am alive, and I live with the choices I make. Every little decision could lead to an eventual pleasure or pain. Experiencing pain makes me more appreciative of simple happiness. It's no fun being comfortable, pampered, happy and cosy all the time. Relativity is at work all the time. I think someone who emerges from pain is aways a better person. I like to think I'm working towards becoming a better person. *wink*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home