autumn in shanghai

girl experience life.

Friday, August 16, 2002

I've finished my zapping job! Finished zapping the last file yesterday. My boss was too busy to talk to me, so she asked me to look at this parcel from Shanghai. It was one big stack of accounting documents, which I didn't know what to make sense out of. I figured out which columns were 'debit' and which were 'credit' (I haven't forgotten my accounting; the docs were in chinese), looked through that stack for like, 6 times, and tried to rearrange the papers neatly. I waited for her until it was time to go home, then I called her and got to know that she's too tied up with some other work. It was the same thing this morning, she called me and told me to keep myself busy, then by lunchtime, I asked her to 'release' me because I felt rather bad the company was paying me to drink milo and read back-dated issues of TIME and Far Eastern Economic Review. The 'bonus' afternoon was spent in Lido watching 'Guns and Talks'. Rewarded myself for the week's hard work with Chen Sheng's new book from Kinokuniya... yippie! =) I love Chen Sheng. I am dead tired now. He was laughing at me, saying I complained about being tired after working for only 5 days. Hmm... It's not work that's tiring, I think even my little cousin can do what I was doing. It's just having everything suddenly rushing at me, after the whole world ignored me for the whole of last week. First it's this zapping job (btw, I'm real grateful for the assignment). And I had promised Krystal I'd go stay over to her place for 3 nights because her hubby's overseas. Then I had dinner with Hee Joo, since I'd promised her eons ago. Then my biological best friend turned up. Had to struggle quite a bit, cos my bio clock's pretty screwed up in the past few weeks. Wasn't so used to sleeping in a new place too. So I had to make do with 6 hours of sleep and lots of caffeine everyday. (Lack of sleep + lots of caffeine = Depression. I hope serious depression doesn't come back again. My whole yr 2 was marred cos I didn't know depression is actually a mental illness, and I didn't know how to seek help. (Yar, I hear you say that, "only one year meh? now also siao siao what...")) My conclusion after the busy week's past: Life is meaningless. Sigh, seeing the way Chung Eng and Krystal work, I'm really quite tramautised. There are only 4 main activities in a busy person's life: Work, Eat, Shower, Sleep. NO time for TV, books, music, sports, movies, KTV, mahjong etc. I'm not sure I want to lead a life constantly trying to meet deadlines, like a hamster running on a wheel, chasing after nothing. Yes, I know all about reality (equals you need alot of money), but I need to also know that if I drop dead at THIS moment, I am not going with the regret that my life wasn't more fun. It's tough to strike a balance. And no one knows when is his/ her last moment. (*touch wood* no offence to English-, PC-literate hungry bros) Hmm, if you die THIS moment, what will be your regrets?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home