autumn in shanghai

girl experience life.

Friday, August 23, 2002

My sis just told me Nishan got a blog! (I know this is late, but for your info, the word 'blog' comes from 'weblog'.) Hey, you! Go get a blog account too, if you haven't! Tell me, because I like to read blogs. Reading blogs has a strangely therapeutic effect on me. I like blogging too. I started blogging because it was a novelty to me during exams. (I mean, everything but books is a novelty during exams.) I hadn't thought it'll last too long, but it's been four months since I first blogged. Not bad for someone who gave up harmonica after three weeks and 2 half-mastered songs. *wide grin* I like blogging, because it gives me a chance to express what I can't do in words. My thoughts are always in a mess when I'm talking, and I speak too fast. And no one has the patience to listen to me talk and talk and talk. But I've a chatty nature! (Yar, guess who got voted the hall chatterbox during chinese new year dinner?) So, when I blog, I can force people to read to what I've to say. And these (I mean you) are willing victims, right? *hiak hiak* Plus, I believe everyone's got an exhibitionist nature. I seriously believe so. Especially people living in big cities. I think it'll get kinda lonely because everyone around you is too busy leading their own lives. And city dwellers are cold and distant. So blogging gives an avenue to 'expose' my thoughts. And pretend that people are interested, regardless of whether they really are. *hiak hiak* And sometimes, the more I blog, the more I understand myself. Reading my thoughts and watching the words flow help sort out my other thoughts... so I get a deeper understanding of things, and I'm less frustrated with life. It's like conversing with myself. Some people are more interesting in words than in real person too, don't you think? There are many sides to a person, but he/ she can choose which sides to expose. So I can choose to share my kind and nice thoughts, but not the perverted ones. And my character is good as long as I can write well. To put it bluntly, it can get really pretentious. Pretense come in the form of speech, behaviour, looks... and in blogs, words. Whoever started the idea of weblogs must have understood human nature very well. Hmm... ok, I shall not start to think too much or too deeply into things, else I'll miss the simple pleasure of blogging. Go start a blog, it's real fun experience. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home